The Metro Vancouver Regions goal includes reducing the waste we each generate by 10% of the 2010 volumes landfilled, and recycling up to 70% of all waste generated by 2015, and aiming for 80% diversion; of all waste generated by 2020. Effective 2015, all clean wood has been banned at all landfills and transfer stations in Metro Vancouver.
What is the Definition of Clean Wood?
Clean Wood is defined as solid wood, lumber, and pallets that are unpainted, unstained, untreated, and free of glue. The wood may be pierced with nails or other metal fasteners, such as screws and staples.
The Advantages to Clean Wood Recycling:
- Reduces your disposal costs by avoiding surcharges for this banned material at the landfills and transfer stations
- Keeps you compliant with the Provincials goal of moving the Province to zero waste
- Keeps you compliant with governments ban on disposal of this waste stream
- Reduces your carbon foot print
- Additionally, clean wood maybe used for landscaping mulch, composting or alternative fuel products
Mini Bins can help you if you have this type of material to dispose of. We offer 12, 20, 30. and 40 yard roll off containers for all clean wood products and can recycle this material for you at an authorized and approved/licensed facility within Metro Vancouver. If you’re working on a LEED certified project this will help you ensure you achieve your LEED status.
CALL US today to speak with one of our service representatives to schedule an appointment or get a quote for service.
- 2X4, 2X6, 2X8 ETC..
- PAINTED WOOD
- TREATED WOOD (railway ties, landscape ties and pressure treated)
- OSB (particle board)
Address: 408-2818 Main Street Vancouver, V5T 0C1
Address: 505-8840 210th Street Langley, V1M 2Y2