The Metro Vancouver Regions goal includes reducing the waste we each generate by 10% of the 2010 volumes land filled, and recycling up to 70% of all waste generated by 2015, and aiming for 80% diversion; of all waste generated by 2020. One way to do this is to implement an organics recycling program.
Did you know that food waste contributes to about 30% by weight of all the waste we generate?
Organics (food waste and yard waste) has been banned form Metro Vancouver landfills since January 2015. Food waste is generated from all types of commercial businesses, multifamily complexes, industrial businesses, institutional businesses and residential households in the forms of kitchen waste, lunch room waste, soiled paper products, and leaf and yard trimmings.
Organics can be collected in a 32, 64, or 96 gallon totes, or a 2, 3, 4, 6, or 8-yard front load bins or if you generate larger quantities, in a roll-off bin that will fit your application.
The Advantages to Organics Recycling:
- Reduces your disposal costs
- Keeps you compliant with the Provincials goal of moving the Province to zero waste
- Keeps you compliant with governments ban on disposal of this waste stream
- Reduces your carbon foot print
All disposal and processing facilities are licensed and approved by Metro Vancouver, the Fraser Valley Regional District or the appropriate governing authority.
CALL US today to speak with one of our service representatives to schedule an appointment or get a quote for service.
- GRASS CLIPPINGS
- BRANCHES 6 FEET AND UNDER
- LOGS 12 INCHES AND SMALLER
- DAIRY PRODUCTS including cheese and yogurt
- EGG SHELLS
- FRUIT AND VEGETABLE SCRAPS
- MEAT, BONES, FISH, AND SEAFOOD SHELLS
- NOODLES, RICE, BEANS, AND BREAD
- SMALL AMOUNTS OF OIL AND FAT (soaked in paper towel or newspaper)
- TEABAGS, COFFEE GROUNDS, AND FILTERS
- TISSUE PAPER (no blood or fecal matter)
- EMPTY CEREAL BOXES (no plastic liners)
- PAPER BAGS (for lining kitchen containers, such as Bag-to-Earth)
- PAPER NAPKINS
- PARCHMENT AND WAX PAPER
- PIZZA BOXES
- NEWSPAPER (for wrapping food scraps or lining kitchen containers)
- USED PAPER DISHES (no plastic coating)
- LEAVES AND GRASS CLIPPINGS
- SHORT BRANCHES AND PRUNINGS (under 10 cm thick and 50 cm long)
- WEEDS, PLANTS, AND FLOWERS
- ANIMAL WASTE
- BRANCHES OR PRUNING OVER 10CM THICK AND 50CM LONG thick
- LUMBER OR OTHER WOOD PRODUCTS
- ROCKS, SOIL & SOD
- COMPOSTABLE OR BIODEGRADEABLE PLASTIC BAGS
- PLASTIC BAGS, WRAP, OR CONTAINERS
- PRODUCTS MADE OF POLYACTIC ACID (PLA) (containers, disposable plates, cutlery